[DIY] Making Your Own Cushion

BB cushions have been the greatest makeup invention yet. Thank you, Korea. It is super convenient and easy to use. It is also compact so you can bring them anywhere in case you need a retouch. If you are human and prone to oversleeping from watching Korean dramas too much, this is your morning best friend. Literally, you can moisturize and make up your skin in 30 seconds.

Unfortunately, those cute Korean BB creams have one tragic flaw. They have very limited shades. This is of course because they mainly cater to Korean women who value flawless white skin. Isn't it depressing to go inside a super cute Korean store only to find that nothing comes in your shade?

Well, fret no more. Korea has done it again. Korea answered our prayers.

Introducing, the It's My Cushion case set. This is a product I bought from Althea and is basically an empty cushion case set. If you want a more thorough review of this product, you can find it here.

Now, let's begin our DIY.

First, you need all your ingredients. So here I just have my current favorite CC Cream and my current favorite moisturizer. Obviously, you can choose anything you like.

The point here is to make sure that you are getting the right shade so it is important to take note that the moisturizer you are using might take the shade and coverage of your foundation/ BB cream/ CC cream down.

When you are ready to combine the ingredients, take out the sponge and put it somewhere clean. You can use your hands in doing all these, make sure that your hands and what you are touching (dirty container alert!) are clean. If you like, you can use a sanitized plucker, cotton buds, chopsticks-- be creative.

Most cushions contain 15ml of product and similarly, this cushion case can only hold up to 15ml. Overdoing it will result in a messy overflow. As we all know, too much, even of a good thing, is bad.

I have no idea how much 15 ml is but I suppose I should put about 10 ml of product on the very bottom of the product. I have no idea what 10 ml of product looked like either so I just kinda winged it. Just follow your heart, my friend.


After that, I inserted the sponge back to place and I put more CC cream and moisturizer on top. At this point, because I was only using my hands, I was faced with a dilemma. I can walk downstairs and get a cotton bud to spread the product on the sponge's surface for quicker absorption or I can not do any of that walking. And because I was too lazy, what I did was flip the sponge again and added some more CC cream and Argan Oil in the bottom, just in case.

So here we have it.

Honestly, I was so proud at how I didn't make any mess at all. My hands were super clean even after I finished taking pictures and that very rarely happens.



After that, you can use it like a normal cushion makeup.

You should test immediately if the color matches your skin so that you can immediately do some modifications if it doesn't. You can also mix the ingredients in a separate bowl first to make sure that the color and consistency is how you like it.

As for me, I'd rather not clean stuff so I just went on it. These are all products that I use every day anyway and I already know what ratio I want them to be. I feel like this ratio is different for everyone since this personalized cushion is one of a kind, literally.

You can mix in concealer or darker foundation depending on what your skin tone is.

You can mix in your primer.

You can mix in your favorite concealer, your favorite makeup base, or that underrated but necessary color correcting cream.

You can put a liquid blush to make your very own cushion blush.

There are no set rules. Just have fun with it.



Comments

Popular Posts