[REVIEW] Skinfood | Yuja Water C Cream


                                     
I love the smell of citrus. It's such a good scent to wake up to. A scent which could actually get me out of bed. Today, I'll talk about Skinfood Yuja Water Cream that carries the delicious scent of lemons.


Skinfood says that this product has a "moisture locking capability". It has:

"Hydrating moisture that has no time to become dry even in a dry environment.
Contains yuja extract and moisturizing yuja oil from uncontaminated Goheung city. Moisture coating cream that keeps moisture in, even in a dry environment, leaving skin packed with moisture."

The Water Whitening Yuja Water Cream is a watery cream with a pudding-like consistency that moisturizes the skin and also locks in moisture at the same time. It is to be used in the last step of skin care routine. 

What us Yuja?

Yuja is a plant that originates from East Asia. It looks a lot like lemons but do not be fooled, it is slightly rounder-- the shape closely resembles an orange. This hybrid fruit is usually used by Koreans to make citron tea or Yujacha.

According to Skinfood, "Goheung Yuja" is even more potent than lemons. In fact, it contains three times more vitamin C than lemons. Vitamin C is very beneficial for the skin because it is an antioxidant and it also makes your skin look brighter.


I really like that the plastic inside has that protruding part that you can use to open it. It certainly makes life easier. However, this product doesn't come with a spatula.

I usually put this in the fridge so that I can use it cold in the morning. It feels great on the skin and the smell also wakes me up. However, the citrus smell is quite strong so some people may not like it. It is indeed very moisturizing, however, it has the tendency to make my T-zone feel really oily and heavy after a few hours.



The pudding-like consistency is also very nice. It is indeed very light and moisturizing. Unfortunately, this product doesn't really help with my oily face. My face felt oily and heavy after a few hours. 

Since Skinfood is known to have very light products, I got this cream because I feel like I need more moisture these days. Also, I just watched reply 1989 and I watched Ryu Jun Yeol's character. He's the male lead who became the second lead-- sad story. He is currently the face of this product, together with Kim Yoo Jung (young Cheon SOng Yi in Man from the Stars). Yep, this is how I choose my skincare product!

UPDATE: Since I have oily skin, I have decided to stop using this cream for my whole face. Instead, I use this only on my undereye area and I am pleasantly surprised at how it is moisturizing. I don't really see any noticeable brightening but I do see that it makes me look more awake. Also, it keeps my eye area moisturized for a long time which prevents it from getting all dry and itchy.

This jar contains 63 ml of product and is for all skin types. Skinfood's Yuja Whitening Yuja Water also comes in toner, ampoule, and emulsion.

Comments

Popular Posts