[NEW IN DAVAO] Majestea Caffe

A new cafe along Juan Luna St. opened last August 11. This area is slowly becoming a haven for foodies, with modest and budget-friendly cafes. This is very close to Ateneo University so it's not unusual to see people eating in groups, studying, and just chilling.



Today, we add Majestea Caffe to the list of places to hang out in to hide from the scorching sun. It's a cool two-storey cafe that caters to your every drinking needs (aside from alcohol!).  They have milk tea, coffee, frappe, latte-- in many varieties.


Their interior is pretty simple-- lots of brown, red, and yellow tones that gives you that warm feeling. Add that ambiance to their sofas and a faint scent of coffee--this is the perfect place to get in the mood of studying.



They opened today at 2PM but people arrived at the store even earlier. By the time the clock struck two, there was already a line by the counter.

They were offering they drinks at buy one get one free only for their opening day. Also, the first 25 customers of the day got a reloadable loyalty card that, I believe, could be used to get a 10% discount and also earn points. This wasn't one of those dainty loyalty cards where you put stamps in and you lose before completing the stamps. This was an actual hard plastic card.


The area where they make the drinks is open so you can see exactly how your drink is made. It's a bit creepy to stare though, so try not to do that.



They also have cakes sold in the store. They look delectable, especially the Nutella cake. Unfortunately, my sister and I just ate at another place. But the main reason for that was actually this:



For their opening day, they have these bite-sized pastries from a catering place for free! Ate was really nice when I was filling my plates with desserts, she keeps suggesting I take this and that. Of course, I followed her suggestion. Who am I to refuse? She was also really nice and I know she told me the name of their catering store. I apologize for being too focused on hoarding food.



Here's what I got. I really hoped I remember their names but I don't. I do know that the yellow one is a durian pastry because Ate looked really excited when she was suggesting it so it caught my attention. It's made of durian but its completely rid of the pungent smell. I guess this is a durian-infused custard on top of a mini sponge cake. It's very soft and the custard is creamy and sweet. I liked it!

Their drinks range from 90-180 and their cakes are around a hundred. They also serve sandwiches, nachos, and pasta dishes.

Onto our orders:


Matcha Latte-- their Matcha Latte is a bit sweet for my taste. They use matcha powder and syrup and I asked them to only put 50% syrup on mine. It's still a bit sweet, though. Fortunately, my sister likes it. This is, by far, the only matcha drink she doesn't disapprove of. She H A T E S matcha.


Here is my sister as showing off her Chocolate Cookie Brownie Frappe. This is delicious. It's sweet but with bitter notes. This is how I like my dessert in general. I believe this is coffee-based but it's not really that strong. The sweet and bitter notes complement each other perfectly. Take caution though, I am a coffee addict. I really really really really like black coffee.


This is 22 oz Matcha Latte and 16 oz Chocolate Brownie Cookie Frappe side by side. I basically drank all this because my sister was still too full.


We also bought two more before we left. The one on the left is their Roasted Hazelnut Milk Tea and the one on the right was their Matcha Milk Tea. We actually ordered them with pearls but they ran out of pearls-- an accident that led me to try pudding for the first time with my milk tea. It was a delectable experience. I guess you can call this serendipity?

The matcha milk tea honestly tastes just like their matcha latte.  The cold tones down the sweetness of the drink. Maybe it's just me, but sweet drinks just taste a lot better when cold. I definitely liked this better than the latte.

The Roasted Hazelnut Milk Tea is also delicious. It is perfect with pudding. It's creamy but not heavy and the pudding just added one more star to a five-star drink. It also tastes like wintermelon with a hint of roasted hazelnut, so try this if you like wintermelon.



This is the only high seat available in this land of sofas. I like this kind of chairs especially when I am using the computer because I am the type who is very adamant with my posture. My neck hurts easily when my spine is curved the wrong way. So if you're like me, grab a seat here.



This is the sea of sofas. It looks so comfortable and clean. It's a pretty good place to just relax and chat with your friends and family.

Things you might want to know:

If you're impatient:

We waited for our drinks for 30 minutes so this is not for the impatient. When I went down to check our order on the 20th minute, they were cleaning their blender. I guess this is a good thing?

If you're a student, especially if you're cramming a paper:

They have a lot of electrical outlets for your gadget needs. They have sofa chairs mostly for four but they also have a table of high chairs on the second floor if you're the type who can focus better with that. It's at the very corner so I guess it's also better to do your paper there so you're not disturbed by people passing by.

Also, yes, they have wifi. As of August 11, their password is AUGUST112PM. #sharingiscaring?

If you're an environmentalist:

They serve the cold drinks in plastic cups complete with lid covers and straws. I saw on their facebook page that some cold drinks are served in glasses though, so I guess you can ask them to do that for you.

If you're a giant:
Careful with the ceiling at the end of the stairs.


People sometimes pass by this announcing #tallpeopleproblems with a sigh.

Should I, a midget, be sorry?

Nope.

I am just kidding.

I hope this post is useful to anyone who's looking for a place to hang out in. If you want to know more about Majestea Caffe, you can check out their facebook post here.


Comments

Popular Posts