[REVIEW] April Skin Magic Stone



Annyeonghaseyo! Today, I'll be reviewing a product that has been hyped up in social media. This Magic Stone from April Skin is all over the internet recently due to its incredibly effective ability to remove dirt and even make-up from the skin.  I bought April Skin Magic Stone about a month ago after constantly seeing videos showing how effective it is and after a month of using it, I am now giving my full review.


First, let's talk about the packaging. It's simple and eye-catching. The print on the box emphasizes the product name well. In fact, I completely commend the advertising team behind this product. Not only is the word "magic" printed boldly on the cover, it was also in a reflective material that catches a variation of color.

This bar is 90g. I divided it into 4 slices (like I do with pizza) so that I can preserve it. I use a bubble maker every time I use this because it doesn't foam as much of I just use my hands. It makes ample foam when used with a bubble maker.


According to the brand, Magic Stone is preservative-free and chemical-free. It is made of vegetable oil extracts so it is non-irritating and is suitable for everyone. You can use this both as a facial wash and also as a wash-off pack by leaving it on for a few minutes before washing it off.



EFFECTS:

I expected a lot from this product. I like that it wasn't harsh on my skin.  It wasn't irritating at all. However, I think because I got the milder version (there's another variant in a slightly different color that's supposed to be stronger), my skin didn't really feel anything, even while I was using it as a mask. 

 I don't even feel like it cleaned my pores thoroughly. It's not squeaky clean. I feel like it leaves a residue behind all the time. My face doesn't feel particularly moisturized when I use this either. I guess, that's not really the purpose of this soap, but I like soaps that make my skin feel bouncy immediately after using them. This one leaves my face flat.

There is also no obvious brightening effect and my face didn't really whiten in the one month that I've used this.

As for the oil control aspect of this product-- well, there is no oil control that happened in the one month I used it. 

It didn't harm or clog my pores but at the same time, it didn't give me that detoxifying effect I was looking for. 

Would I repurchase this product?

No, it didn't do anything for me at all.I definitely like the concept of using charcoal in facial washes. I feel like it is a remarkable agent to battle impurities so I am planning to buy other brands that use charcoal.


VERDICT:
Price: 3/5
Availability: 2/5
Whitening: 2/5
Detoxifying: 1/5

Comments

Popular Posts