[REVIEW] Onsaemeein | Mild Yogurt Peeling Gel


Hello there! Today, I want to talk about this peeling product that I bought from Althea Korea called Onsaemeein Yogurt Peeling. This is a new brand for me and I bought it because it's the most affordable peeling product I can find at the moment and it garnered really good reviews at Althea.

No one in our family tried using a peeling product before. We are a scrub kind of people. However, because of the spikes in temperature, we noticed that the scrubs don't do great in exfoliating because they feel to harsh. They don't have that moisture that the skin needs. Also, my face gets patchy so easily. It's like the dead skin cells build up so much faster these days and I needed to scrub more than the recommended 2-3 times a week. This lead me to look for a product that is awesome at removing dead skin cells and is also capable of moisturizing my skin at the same time.

When I saw this peeling gel that has yogurt extract, I was immediately charmed. I especially like skincare items with yogurt in them, especially strawberry yogurt. Yogurt is really good in moisturizing the face and also brightening up the skin tone.

Aside from yogurt extract, this product also has Goat's Milk Extract for moisturizing and conditioning the skin and  Papaya Extract that helps in conditioning and skin peeling.

This product has a very faint smell. It also has a really interesting creamy glutinous texture. It feels like very fine jellied rice. It comes with a spatula which measures the perfect amount of product you should put on your face. I especially like that there is a space between the plastic cover and the products actual lid to store the spatula in.

This applies as cream and when you carefully rub it on your skin, you'll see something like this:


This is supposedly the dead skin cells that the product removes. Of course, some of the product is mixed in there as well. You should apply this on dry skin because this doesn't work with water. I guess the water dilutes the product which renders it ineffective?

It is certainly very good in removing the dead skin. Your skin would really feel super soft and smooth after use. After using this is the best time to pamper your skin with the very best moisturizing or anti-aging or whatever kind of skincare you have. Your skin will just immediately absorb whatever comes next like a fresh blank canvas.

According to the package, you should massage it for a minute and rinse with lukewarm water. However, this product stung my face so I wasn't able to follow that instruction. It can really sting on your face so be gentle when rubbing it in. Like really really gentle.  I am really scared by this stinging sensation so I immediately rinse my face with cold water. After that, pat your face dry.

Pat it dry, okay? Don't wipe your face with a really hard and grainy cloth. Please have mercy on your skin.

Also, the effect is not really permanent. Unfortunately, this is something that I think is safe to use once or twice a week. I think my skin can only handle it that often.

This is a pretty strong product. In fact, I used this on my feet as well and it is awesome for that callous everyone decides to ignore.

VERDICT:
Human: 3/5
Can be used in other body parts! Great for neck and chest and feet.

Cherub: 4/5
Sometimes, beauty comes with pain.


Comments

Popular Posts