{REVIEW] Maybelline | Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow


Eyeshadows are really fun to experiment with. Unfortunately, I started very late using them because I  thought they were pointless. Eye makeup was perhaps the last makeup aspect I learned to appreciate. Back then, I was thinking it doesn't make sense using them  because my eyeglasses covered my eyes anyway and they're just a hassle to put on. Of course, I was so wrong, as eye makeup can make or break a face, possibly more than lip color.

Eye makeup adds so much definition to your face. I sometimes feel so flat when my eyelids are just freaking empty and bare. It's like I have dark circles under and on top of my eyes. I'm not sure where that feeling comes from, really. I think having bright eyes really just makes a lot of difference to my overall mood and look. 

Fortunately for me who's always late, I found an eyeshadow that is super easy to work with. 


Maybelline's Color Tattoo are cream eyeshadows that promise intense pigment that lasts the whole day. Their coverage is medium to heavy, depending of course on how much product you put on your face and how much you blend it. It's super workable and versatile.

You can use your hands to apply these creams and then blend it out for a sheer and light look. For a stronger look, you can use your choice of brush.

These cream shadows come in a number of colors, but considering how good these are, the world definitely needs more colors.

Inked in Pink is definitely my favorite. It's also the one with the most diverse use. I use this almost every day over and under my eyes. You know that trend in korea where they put shimmer on their lower lids to emphasize their eyebags? Called aegyo sal, kroeans highlight that fat pocket under their eyes to make it look cute (aegyo). Of course, you have to be careful with this one because there is no such thing as dark aegyo sal. This is tricky because highlighting your aegyo sal when your dark circles are super obvious makes you look very... weird. My tip is use a good concealer but I'm sure you already know that.

Next, this could also be used on top of your shadow for a layer of sheer frosting.

Lastly, this could also be used as your makeup base to make your powder eyeshadows stick to your leads better.


Bad to the Bronze is a kickass color. It's great to use on its own for monolid makeup. Makeup that can range from simple and down to earth but buildable for that dramatic shimmery brown. The texture of this one is a bit creamier than Inked in Pink. This feels like an emollient of some sort. The cream inside is very soft and easy to manipulate. This could also be used as a great base or on top of your eyeshadow for a subtle creamy shine.

Painted Purple is amazing. It's really a superb color that could stand on its own. It's just nice to have a pop of color on your face. You could apply this very lightly to get a pastel-like color, or you can apply it bold  as eyeliner. It's buildable from a pretty pastel to a strong frosted violet. The consistency is thicker than inked in pink and Bad to the Bronze.

I honestly thought that the consistency of these products would be similar but this one is more silky than creamy. It doesn't have as much frost as the others and could almost look matte in the swatch below.

Guess which is which.

These colors are all so pretty. Inked in Pink is muted down in the middle but it's such a nice color too. Maybelline didn't lie about the pigmentation, it was definitely A+. It creases slightly when I sweat extra strong, but otherwise, it sticks like a proper tattoo. Not sure about the 24HR thing because I'm not planning to wear any makeup for that long but considering I have oily lids, this product lasts me the whole day.




Please visit MAYBELLINE PHILIPPINES  on facebook for more information about this product.

Verdict:

Cherub:5/5

Human: 5/5

Comments

Popular Posts