Getting an NBI Clearance

Today, I adult. I need an NBI clearance to open an account at BPI. Fortunately, they now have an online application. Yey to time-saving-life-saving online applications.
Unfortunately, there are extra charges for the online use. I think they are worth it because otherwise you waste all your time lining up in the NBI office anyway. However, I feel like that is their responsibility. They should have the funds to make their services accessible to the people in and out of this country.

Another thing is, when you choose a branch, you also choose a specific date and time. I am not sure if missing the date means that the application you already paid for will be forfeited. I didn't dare find out.

Also, the bank payment online is also quite complicated and it could cost you up to 50 pesos which would mean that you will be paying 190 pesos in total for your NBI application. An application which normally costs 115 pesos. Thankfully, you can pay at Bayad Centers.

I paid mine at LBC. There is also a line there but the room is airconditioned and I have e-books saved in my phone. I am born ready (to wait!).

After paying, you confirm the thing online and get your reference number. You can proceed directly to NBI (according to your scheduled time, I presume.).

I chose the NBI SEMRO branch because that was the only available Davao branch in the option. The problem was I have no idea how to commute there. I decided to commute and just ask around but no one know where it is. I stopped by Abreeza to eat lunch. It was already 11AM and I am scheduled for the AM slot so I was pretty anxious by this time. YET nobody knew where that was. They all pointed me to the branch in front of Victoria Plaza.

It was closer so I gave it a try. And yes, there is an NBI branch there. When I showed the checkpoint staff my reference number, he told me to come back by 1PM. Apparently, online transactions are only processed 1PM onwards (or so I read in their board, I don't really trust signboards like that).

SO back to ABreeza I go. And at 2PM, I was back at NBI. You have to write your reference number and full name in a paper apparently. A paper I did not have since online, it's said that I don't have to print the form. Luckily a vendor was selling paper outside. When I asked for the price a man said it was 5 pesos per sheet. I don't know if he was joking or if he was actually waiting for me to agree. Thankfully, an old woman who looked like she's the real owner of the stall reprimanded him and told me it was worth a peso.

Thank you.

SO there was a separate line for those who applied online. Two out of five windows were dedicated to online applicants which is pretty nice. The line was near the comfort room so the fan blowing my face smelled like pee at some point. This is legit and you have been warned.

Got my ID in about 30 minutes.

So how to stay fab while doing this adult thing?

Use a good oil control powder
Have your reference number written on a sheet of bond paper
Bring a handkerchief to cover your nose (or your whole face) when the need arise.
Wear something loose, preferably sleeveless. It could get really hot.
Bring a ponytail.
Earphones and saved youtube videos.

The adult thing seems to comprise of a lot of waiting. If there is one thing you truly have to prepare for, it's this one. I suggest a good pair of earphones and a lot of poetry.




Comments

Popular Posts