CBTL Salted Pistachio

Today, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf launched their new Ice Blended drinks. These new flavors are inspired by popular ice cream flavors. Aptly named the Ice Cream Ice Blended, these new drinks come in Salted Pistachio, Cookies and Cream, and Mint Chip.

As usual, there is an Open House for their Swirl Rewards Cardholders, and I happily got myself the Salted Pistachio Ice Blended.


If ever you are going to drink it in the store, I suggest you have it in the mug instead. Those cups and plastic covers are really just unnecessary waste. What I hope is for stores to come up with a reusable straw with its own case. We can carry it around and maybe we can even have rebates when we use it. Wouldn't that be beautiful?

Sorry, I digress.

So these new drinks aren't ice cream based. There is no ice cream in this drink. I repeat, NO ICE CREAM. This Salted Pistachio Ice Blended is made of low-fat milk, salted pistachio powder, and vanilla powder. It normally comes with whipped cream but mine doesn't have it.

Still, it remains super sweet. It isn't really creamy which is how I expected it to be. I also really hope that there will be real pistachios in this new Ice Cream Blended drink to have more dimension to its flavor. It's too sweet and too vanilla powdery. There was only a hint of Salted Pistachio flavor in the drink. Maybe if there was twice the pistachio powder and half the vanilla powder, I would like it better?

All in all, this isn't really my cup of tea (and I did order tea after), but it's good for people who likes milkshake and a really bad sweet tooth.







Comments

Popular Posts