Giardini Gelato

Ah, summer.

Time to turn on the AC, lock the door, and consume a tub of ice cream while watching my favorite series.

This is one of the reasons why I never get to wear a bikini to the beach. First of all, I don't really want to. Second, summer makes me eat everything cold and cold things are usually sweet.

It is, therefore, my topmost priority this summer to find a healthier alternative. (Okay, this is a lie. Gelato may be lower in fat but the sugar makes up for the flavor. I just want to put this out there to remind myself to stop lying to myself.)

Moving on.

Meet: Giardini Gelato

They have a dainty booth at SM Ecoland near National Bookstore. It's yellow and it screams fresh and light and I love it. I hope they get a bigger space so that customers have enough space to linger. They have a lot of gelato flavors available and I'll do a quick review of the ones I tried.

Green Apple: this was a good flavor. Sorbet-like and very fresh.

Watermelon: Sorbet-like and I somewhat tasted a hint of commercial watermelon flavoring. I am partial to fresh watermelon.

Orange: this one felt like there was orange skin in it. I guess the white covering of the orange was included in there (I don't know what it's called). I'm glad about this because it means more nutrients and possible fiber. But I would prefer fresh oranges.

Mango: this one was the best. It's so smooth and creamy.

One thing I found weird was that some of their flavors didn't match the creamy elastic texture of the mango one. Gelato has less (or none at all?) cream and butter, ergo less fat. This might also be the reason why some flavors like the watermelon gelato felt more like a sorbet. I suspect (with my vast vast knowledge on fastfood gastronomy) that the mango gelato was creamier because its base is not water-based--unlike like watermelon or orange.

AS they have inconsistencies in texture, I am very interested to try the other flavors. Obviously this is an excuse for me to go back there.

That is all folks. Keep your cool and try to not hate the summer heat.


Comments

Popular Posts