[HAUL] Pink Things from Victoria's Secret (Part 1)

First of all, I'd like to say that I love [1] Victoria's Secret. I was in high school when I first heard about the fashion show and since then I never missed a show. I know all the Angels (by heart). And deep down, believed (or perhaps, hoped) that I am one. I started doing yoga not because of its spiritual and mental benefits, I did yoga because I learned that most Angels did yoga to stay slim. And whatever the Angels do, I wanted to do.

I know, I know, that it took a lot of work to make them look like that onstage but good god I was willing to subject myself to a lot more if that meant I could look like that even for just a moment.  Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is always the highlight of my Christmas. I liked it better than going to those family gatherings (because really, who likes to go to a party full of old people asking you why you dn't have a boyfriend yet and how you look like you gained weight? okay, my introvert side is showing, I'm sorry). Whenever I did butt and core exercises I think of all the models and how maybe 10 more reps can make me look closer to them and that's how I got through those wretched workouts Victoria's Secret release yearly just a few days before the fashion show.

Victoria's Secret holds a very special place in my heart. I remember crying my eyes out as Miranda closed the Ballet segment in 2011. I get emotional talking about the fashion show (especially now that most Angels I love are gone) and I'm pretty sure I can talk for a few hours about how good their hair looks (if only anyone is willing to listen)

What I don't like about Victoria's Secret, however is the fact that they only have two stores in the Philippines (and one of them is located inside the airport!). The other one is in megamall, which sucks because it's not an accessible place for everyone (certainly not to someone who lives in Davao).

Anyway, here are some of the things I bought in the megamall branch, it's the first one because I gave my sisters some of the things that I can live without.


FINALLY, I got my hands on their dry shapoo. This is the Victoria's Secret Hair Dry Shampoo. (Is "Hair" the name of their line for haircare? If so, why???) According to VS, their models use tons to give more volume to their hair. I've wanted this since I was in highschool because I'm always late and this would have been a good way to not look like you haven't taken a bath when you didn't my hair was so flat and oily.

I used this once already and I just have to say this smells fantastic. It's a bit sticky but you can work with it. I think this will be the start of a lifelong happy hair affair.

 The next product is this body lotion in Strawberry Champagne. They have a lot of scents and it was so hard to choose one. Thankfully, they had this promo where you can get four for 2,200. I still got lots of lotion bottls that I have not yet finished (some of them I haven't opened yet), but VS lotions smell so good, I cannot pass up this opportunity.


This smells so fruity and sweet (too sweet for some, I guess) and the skin lingers in your skin for a good few hours. Unfortunately, this doesn't react well to my skin. Perhaps it's too dense (is that the right word?)? It's not really that thick, it just doesn't lather that smooth to my skin. But if you massage it enough, you're good to go.

The last one is my favorite and I'm so happy I bought this one instead of Love Spell ( the lady at the store said Love Spell was their best seller and my sister got it, it's good but not as great as this)
This is their body butter in the scent Sheer Love.


  This smells so good. It's a very subtle floral scent (you may notice that I am not the best at describing scents). It's a very lovely scent. It's pretty thick so I scooped up some and put it in a smaller container and keep it in my bag.


It's too thick for the weather now, but I love love LOVE using this on my hands. It's very moisturizing and it leaves a very silky and luxurious feeling after you put it on. I smile eveytime I smell this. You can use this at night if you don't want to risk feeling all sticky during the day.

I know VS is a bit expensive compared to the other brands but sometimes, on bad days. you go home and you'd want to surround yourself with beautiful things that make you happy. I usually end a bad day by taking care of myself and using things that smells good and feels good, it makes things okay and I become a more positive person before I go to sleep.

There's nothing worse than going to bed unhappy. So go ahead, spoil yourself.



Comments

Popular Posts